CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 23, 2011

Glue paint picture

A few weeks ago as I was going through the blogs I read on a daily basis I found an idea I knew I had to try! I found the idea HERE.

What you need:
watercolor paper
glue
black paint or a different color paint
an empty container or 1/2 glue bottle
pencil
paper towel
picture printed
watercolors

What to do:
First, you need to decide what picture you want to do. What I did was looked for a clip art picture the reason was I didn't want anything to be copyright. I definitely don't want those issues coming after me. After i printed the picture, I traced the picture onto the watercolor paper. To trace the picture I taped the papers on a window and started working. Once the picture was traced I started making my glue paint. I chose to do black. I wanted to add more color with the watercolor paints. My glue was brand new, but I did have a bottle almost empty that I just added some of the brand new to the other bottle. Then, I just squeezed a couple big globs of paint into the glue bottle. No measurements and you don't need much. Shake up the mixture until the glue and paint become one. You can practice on a scrap piece of paper. Here comes the hard part, take the glue and start working on the picture you traced. Either filling it in or tracing it, it is really up to you. I chose to fill in my picture. Now, you need to leave this to dry for a while. I came back after a nice long nap to finish. I got out my water colors and this step is however you want to paint it.I chose a more textured look. I bunched up some paper towel and used that as my paint brush.
Once dried, I put it in a frame and hung it up in Kruz's nursery.

This really was so fun and I really love how it looks hung up in his room. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!