CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dying pasta

So, I have seen dyed rice and pasta all over blog land and have wanted to attempt it but was searching for a pasta wheel. I FINALLY found some at Walmart. I don't grocery shop there because the Commissary is cheapest around and closer too. Well, I chose Fiori. They look like flowers, which because they do I have yet another craft to do in the next week or so.
I found a recipe to dye pasta HERE. Make sure you have a well ventilated area when dying the pasta  and I chose to do this when Colton was napping so I could store in a different room for drying for the night so he wasn't smelling the fumes.


This is the step of the pasta soaking up all the color

drying out...color is so vibrant!

I just love the rainbow pasta!
On the window
The project of making a sun catcher from the pasta I found many months ago at Pink and green mama. Her blog is awesome! Now go dye some pasta and have fun!
**TIPS** 1 box will make all colors. 1cup per color. You will also have left overs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!