CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vacation!

So the husband has had the last couple days of February and most of March off since he was deployed a year. We decided on a handful of ideas. We narrowed it down to the Smokey mountains or Nashville. It was a difficult choice but thought it through on the financial side of what we would need and with us getting the internet so late that there wasn't much planning we could do and Nashville has always been planned for the most part in my head since I was a little girl.
I am a planner and organizer when it comes to a vacation. Husband decided on leaving Monday and coming home Wednesday. In that time I had to make sure what I planned for us to see and do could be done in that amount of time and what days we would do what. As well as outfits. I usually pack way more than needed but this time I packed just enough.
I also liked to plan kid friendly items first and then do all the adult fun stuff later. We visited a lot! I tend to JAM PACK our days.

ROOOAAARRRRR

Tennessee State Capitol, we took a tour as well.

GORGEOUS! A replica of The Parthenon in Greece

Tuesdays for Tots at the Cheekwood Botannical Garden and Museum of Art
My favorite, Minnie Pearl.
The Ryman...beautiful and of course we toured as well.
Andrew Jackson's home
and Andrew Jackson's tonmb
I had a lot of fun. I forgot to mention that Nashville has been a place I have waited to go for a long time. When I was a little girl I spent most weekends by choice at my grandparents house watching the Grand Ole Opry with an ice cream scoop microphone in hand. My grandmother told me that when I graduated high school she and my grandfather would take me. Well, the year I graduated she passed away. I knew I would get there one day but had no idea when. This trip was moving to me in so many ways. So many emotions walking into places she once was.
My Rays of Sunshine beamed bright during our vacation  and rain stayed away.

1 comments:

Style, Decor & More

Looks like you had a great time! I have never been to Nashville. I've got to get there!
Love your sweet blog!

I'm a new follower from the Sunday hop!
I would love it if you could hop by and visit, and maybe even follow me.

http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Leave some love!