CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

25 Days of Christmas...Day 19!

Today while Colton was working hard on his lacing, I decided to do some crafting that involved paint. This is more of a mommy project or an older child project.
To make 1 snowman, you will need:
  • 7 popsicle sticks/craft sticks
  • white paint(i used acrylic)
  • black paint
  • red ribbon(optional)
  • wiggly eyes
  • orange marker
  • paint brush
  • tape
  • glue
First, you will paint 6 popsicle sticks white and let dry. You may need a 2nd or 3rd coat. Paint the left over stick black and top part of white sticks black. Tape the 6 popsicle sticks together. Glue the black stick on the snowman creating a hat. Glue on wiggly eyes, draw or paint a carrot nose, and paint or draw a mouth. I enclosed pictures so you get an idea. Sorry if directions are vague or bad, but believe me this project isn't hard.
all taped
I also glued a hanger
Sorry about not including a picture of finished product, I thought I did, but I am sure you get the hint of what they look like.
Another fun and easy and quick project is a jingle bell bracelet. I bought a bag of jingle bells, thinking there had to be some great stuff I could do with them and unfortunately haven't thought of much except this bracelet and the cotton ball snowman. So I will gladly take ideas if anyone has any. I took a red pipe cleaner and put jingle bells on it, folded down the ends so it wouldn't poke Colton and twisted it on his wrist. He kept shaking and shaking his wrist and it was and still is a ht with him!]
quick,easy,and painless
he was so amazed
I have to say, Colton LOVES his bracelet and has pointed to his wrist wanting it on. The craft stick snowmen are way too cute and had to make four and may make more. Hope you all enjoyed day 19!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!