CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Something for kids and adults!

I am so excited to tell you about this very awesome program. It is called Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. This program you can sign your child up for FREE and once a month until your child is five, will receive a book. You can sign up online or check your local library. As most of you know, my husband is currently deployed so I am living here in Michigan with my parents. Well I have always loved the library here in town growing up and what not and so on one of our first visits since living here I came across a stack of pamphlets about this program. Everything is absolutely free and the books are not by your choice. They are chosen based on the childs age and what not. Colton has gotten quite a few and we both love watching the mailman deliver a new one into the mailbox. We actually know around the time the books normally come too. Some titles I haevn't heard of and then others I have but have not bought. These are such nice books and seeing Colton's face light up is a lot of fun. He absolutely loves books, we read throughout the day and Colton also 'reads' on his own too.HERE is where you can find the information about the program and to sign up. I HIGHLY recommend this and it is truly amazing to receive a book a month!

I love to read but even being a stay-at-home mom I tend to not have much time. Yes, of course I get time to myself while he naps or is in bed but that is also time to catch up on other stuff and get ready for the next day. I am on the computer it seems like for most of the day. If my husband was home it would be a little different because I know I wouldn't be so lonely to need to be attached to the computer. Well, I found a way I could read and for free. Besides the lovely library, there is also Amazon. I want a kindle so bad but just find other things that are needed before I spend money on myself. Until today. I downloaded the kindle for the PC! Yes, for free and no charge. But it doesn't stop there, I have maybe 60 or a little less of titles that I downloaded for FREE too! Some are older ones from Jane Austen and others are newer that I have never heard of. As well as some Christmas stories and a couple children books too! HERE is where you can download it to your PC and then just do a search for free books rt there on Amazon and BAM! You now can read too. Nothing costs a dime either, boy isn't it a nice little gift to yourself after spending too much and going crazy with Christmas preperations?
I do hope you take advantage of both because the books that are free are not always free so jump on that while it is hot! Happy reading and enjoy your Saturday with the Rays of Sunshine in your lives!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!