CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

25 Days of Christmas...Day 3!

Today was one of those days where you feel there is not enough minutes in the day. I had no idea what to do for today as a craft because I don't want to get too much into Santa and Snowmen when Thanksgiving isn't here or over yet. Today's 3rd day is devoted to Nativity and the TRUE meaning of Christmas to me and my family. The presents under the tree, how much you spend,what meal and fancy clothes you wear isn't what makes the world go 'round does it? The simple things in life are what puts the biggest smile on your face. Yes, I want my children to have a very Merry Christmas but I also want him and the future kiddos to know why we are here and what it should mean. In a few posts down I mentioned about the Little People Nativity set being on sale online at the Family Christian Store website. I went and ordered one. I don't have a Nativity set but have always admired them as a child. However, I do not have the money right now to drop some crazy cash but have enough for this one that can be played and loved with by my child and of course me too! Almost perfect to show who everyone is ad such. What I didn't know was that it plays Away in a Manger and lights up! How sweet is that! Colton loved pressing the button to make it sing and did a nice slow dance. I also dug out a book I brought with us this year called The Nativity. the story is about how 4 creatures were involved in the first Christmas. Very cute story and I read it numerous times and we had animal crackers and milk as well. What a perfect day to start out the 25 days o Christmas! Here are a few pictures!
It is darling! Colton has been playing with it for almost 2 hours!
Very cute book and a recommendation I must make!
And here is a simple joy in life....
enjoying a meal with someone you love!
That wraps up Day 3. Tomorrow we will be working on a decoration that uses a body part!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!